GW Liles Construction is seeking a Project Manager for employment. The position’s primary duty is to plan, coordinate, and execute the construction projects assigned to him or her. This includes overseeing the entire process from the time the decision is made to bid the project through to the final completion and acceptance of the project by the client.
The ideal candidate will apply his or her expert knowledge of construction systems to develop a budget, schedule, and plan of attack with the project team. The project manager will execute the plan and schedule to the customer’s satisfaction and the quality standards of Liles Construction.
This team member will have an active role in projects from preconstruction through warranty, and will be expected to manage teams and subcontractors in each stage.
As a senior-level team member, this individual will provide their expertise and leadership to encourage the development and growth of any assigned staff. This position will work extremely closely with the Preconstruction, Construction, and Operations Managers. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Construction, COO, and President.
This position is based in Spartanburg, SC 29306.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner.
- Manage a diverse group of activities encompassing many people and disciplines.
- Build, develop and grow business relationships vital to the success of a project; work collaboratively with outside parties/design teams to achieve client goals.
- Review all project documents thoroughly to determine the scope of work and items required to compile a complete estimate, and to ensure the documents accurately reflect agreements made with the Client, Architect and Engineer.
- Work with preconstruction, project engineers, and superintendents to develop and execute a project strategy.
- Collaborate with Operations and Construction Management in the up-front setup of projects to ensure profitability and client satisfaction.
- Identify and assess areas of profitability, construction risks, constructability issues, and value-engineering alternatives.
- Effectively communicate project scope, requirements and schedule to subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors, review quotes for accuracy and scope.
- Develop RFIs and oversee their conception through completion within the project.
- Oversee, review, and distribute submittals and shop drawings in a timely manner.
- Prepare material takeoffs for the project.
- Assist in writing scopes of work for purposes of bidding and vendor subcontracts.
- Assist in preconstruction, estimating, and buyout of the project Prepare payment applications for the owners.
- Review subcontractor payment applications and invoices.
- Maintain the project budget throughout construction.
- Conduct regular site visits to work through any problems and see the status of the site.
- Assist in constructability review and discussions with both the preconstruction and field teams.
- 8-10 years experience within the commercial construction industry with at least 5 years as Field Superintendent, Assistant Project Manager, or Estimator/Pre-Construction
- Skilled at planning and coordinating multiple projects in different phases of construction with different requirements.
- Must be able to work on multiple sets of tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to understand and perform the processes and equations necessary to perform detailed material take-offs, estimate cost and execute projects.
- Must have good analytical, observation and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and site plans.
- The ability to have clear and productive conversation with owners, architects/engineers, subcontractors, and other Liles team members.
- Demonstrate knowledge of construction management process, technology, and related software
- Software utilized by GW Liles Construction Company:
- Planswift (on screen take-off software)
- Microsoft Excel (Estimating Spreadsheets)
- Procore (Project Management)
- Blu Beam Revu
- Sage-Timberline Job Costs
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Primavera P6 Scheduling Software
- The ability to develop a clear schedule.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) Matching
- Opportunity for Growth
- Access to Continuing Education
- Generous Vacation
- Stay Close to Home
Liles Construction is an equal opportunity employer.