Client: Open Tap
Location: 5010 Carmel Center Drive, Charlotte
Ready for a whole new way to enjoy the brewery experience? Let us introduce you to one of our recent projects: Open Tap. A self-pour tap house that will boast over 64 taps including beer, wine, hard seltzer, as well as some non-alcoholic and kid-friendly options. Open Tap’s mission is to create a self-serve environment while creating opportunities to explore its shade garden, village green, tree house mezzanine, and food truck stall.
In 2020 our team at Liles Construction began working with the folks at Open Tap as well as Cluck Design Collaborative providing design-assist services. It didn’t take long for us to become enamored by the concept, and design of this family-friendly brewery.
While the pandemic slowed progress of the build, Open Tap is now complete. A few unique features of this 7,500 square foot space include:
- A custom centralized cedar tree that stands 20 feet tall and is surrounded by bulbs reflecting a firefly-like sequence
- A “zero penetration” metal roof supported by architectural spruce cross timber panels and beams
- Siding made from hand-hewn logs, cedar board and batten
- A stunning entry-way of natural stone veneer at the exterior’s envelope
- A firepit and lawn chairs definitely give it a “backyard chill” vibe
- An “under roof” coverage area where food trucks can pull in with no generator needed
- A “kids” area with its own access to a fully enclosed turf patio
Our team at Liles is thrilled to have taken part in this epic design-build assist project. We look forward to seeing everyone sit back, relax and enjoy the experience of Open Tap.